Tuesday, October 7, 2008

You Know I'm Always Moanin', But You Jump Start My Serotonin



Lest you think all I can do is post old dancehall videos on my blog, here I prove to you that I can post old Scottish indie videos as well. The title of this blog is a line from this song by Arab Strap, called The Shy Retirer. I remember having an ludicrously impassioned debate with a friend of mine about it - I took the position it was a stupid lyric, and he took the position it was the best lyric ever written. In retrospect, I believe that copious alcohol consumption in the run up to the debate may have caused us each to defend our points with a bit too much enthusiasm.

For some reason, this lyric popped into my head when I woke up this morning, and I had to hear the song. I like Arab Strap, but this has never been one of my fav songs by them (obviously after objecting so strenuously to that line in the song, I always had to take a hard line against it), but what do you know, I like it now. Go figure. This is the one and only time I'll admit, though.