Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Michigan and Smiley and Other News



Hey, remember when I used to update my blog? That was fun. So, I'm back! First, I'm back with this offering - Michigan and Smiley: Diseases. It's a great song made even better by the fact that they are suggesting that there might be some link between girls wearing trousers and diseases. Diseases like elephantiasis. Polomyelitis (which I assume is like poliomyelitis, but shorten to fit into a song). Arthritis. And the one diabetes. What's not to like?

Also, I just wanted to put the word out about a few work related things. First, mini-management! I get lots of emails via my About.com site from musicians who need some advise getting a plan together for their music, their tour or that sort of thing but who aren't at the stage when they can afford - or should afford - to pay a full time manager a percentage. I hope mini-management can help with that in-between stage. When you sign up for mini-management, you get:

- A personalized plan for your project
- Unlimited email communication
- Weekly Skype session
- Access to press databases
- A final, updated plan at the end of your membership based on the progress you've made

Mini-management terms are one month, and there's no requirement to sign up for X numbers of months or pap like that. We are just slowly starting to promote mini-management, so to kick things off, you can sign up for mini-management for the bargain basement price of $9.99 per month! Oh yes. Learn more here. Also at that link you'll find our slowly coming together Strivers site and Twitter links.

Next item of business - also a Strivers thing - every Thursday, you can tune in to hear Strivers talking about music industry issues on BlogTalkRadio. For instance, this Thursday, we'll be talking about cover art and merch design with a real, live designer. Stay tuned for details.

Last but not least, if you haven't been following the Indie Artist X project, I hope you'll start! I'm really excited about it. This is the last month - all will be revealed in November. Get the details.