Friday, August 22, 2008

Of Rice, Peas and Used Cough Drops



It's Friday, so how about a funny story? I have to admit it's not all that funny to me, but other people seems to find it *hilarious*. OK then, let's do this!

About, oh, maybe three months ago, my friend - let's call him...Matt - and I agreed to meet for lunch. When debating where to go, I suggested we head to a Jamaican restaurant. "Matt" NEVER wants to go to the Jamaican restaurant with me because he doesn't think he likes Jamaican food, plus he's a big baby and is scared of eating chicken on the bone ("I might choke! wah wah wah!"). Myself, I like to get down with the Jamaican grub often. So to speak. Well, this particular day, Matt wasn't feeling very well and was too weak to protest, so he mumbled something about, "I thought you might say that. Fine. Whatever." Whatever indeed. I drove, Matt sat and sucked on cough drops.

Well, we went to the restaurant, ordered our food, Matt ordered chicken on the bone and couldn't eat it, blah blah blah. The portions are huge, and we both had loads of leftovers. Handily, the food is served in takeaway containers. Matt graciously gave me his box of leftovers, because, you know, he hated it.

So, the next day, I decide I'm going to have leftover Jamaican food for lunch. I pull a box out of the fridge - apparently Matt's leftover box - and take a bite of rice and peas. Suddenly, I crunch down on something crunchy and sweet. I was immediately alarmed - it's good, but I'm not going to tell you that this restaurant is the cleanest I've ever been in. As I'm frantically calculating what this crunchy sweetness in the rice and peas could be, an image flashed through my mind. An image of Matt, removing a cough drop from his mouth and placing it on the side of his box. Yeah, that's right. I ate his used cough drop. Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

God, I'm almost sorry I brought it up. The memories - they're still fresh. Suffice it to say that I got rid of all of the leftovers. Even mine.

Matt pleads innocence, but I think he set me up. Don't worry. Vengeance will be mine. I'll let you know when Matt gets his. Mwhahahahhahhaha. No really - Mwhahahhahaha.