Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Count Lasher - Miss Constance



I don't know nearly as much as about Mento music as I'd like to. In fact, until about 15 minutes ago, if you had demanded that I name a Mento song, Miss Constance might have been all I would have been able to come up with. Since I've got to brave the Thanksgiving traffic at first light tomorrow (or as close to first light as I feel safe enough hitting the country back road shortcuts to I-95 by myself), I'm in the process of downloading music for my trip. I've decided that Mento and I will get to know each other a little better as I make my way along the highways and byways of the Carolinas. I suspect eventually I'll give in and put on something I can sing along to, but Mento and I are going to at least break the ice. (Really, I give some pretty incredible performances in my car when I'm on Interstate 95. Fortunately, I'm invisible since no one can see you when you're driving. Everyone knows that.)

But yes, as of 15 minutes or so ago, I've significantly increased my Mento collection, but right now, Miss Constance is still my favorite. This song is hilarious. And very dirty. But really funny. Check it out.