Sunday, November 2, 2008

Si Boops Deh!


A few months ago, I read an interview with Winston Riley (this one, from The Gleaner. He's apparently building a museum, and I totally want to go.). In the interview, he was asked which songs he produced are his favorites, and he mentioned Boops by Supercat (or Super Cat? Someday, I would like someone to settle on a spelling and stick with it). I thought, by god, he's right! Boops IS a great song!

Anyway, since then, I've been hooked on it, which has led to me listening to Si Boops Deh! over and over again. It was produced by Winston Riley and Prince Jammy, Steely and Clevie made up the band - there's a lot to like. Even so, it's funny, I always have this vague feeling that I shouldn't like Supercat. Sometimes, I don't like Supercat. There was no excuse for the whole Sugar Ray thing, for instance. But what I'm really trying to say here is this: I like Supercat. There. It's out. End of story. And if you want to hear Boops, here's a video. Note that I use the term "video" loosely. This is more of an audio experience.

And by the way, I have no idea why the comments aren't working. Don't hate me, hate Blogger.