Wednesday, September 24, 2008

007 (Shanty Town)/The Harder They Come



Wow, what a day. And not in a good way. I was going to take out my aggressions here, but really, I think it's best to just leave you with the great song above. Yes, it is a video, but I think you'll find the visuals leave a little to be desired. I'm going to listen to some more of this music before I watch the address about the economy. I think it's my best option after a long, intensely annoying day that is destined to become even more annoying when I have to listen to Bush pretend he understands macroeconomics.

By the way, that song is on the soundtrack to the f'ing great movie The Harder They Come. If you've not seen it, well, what are you waiting for? I was lucky enough to see a special showing of it in Glasgow that was presented by Jimmy Cliff. He answered questions after the movie. Between his accent and the Glasgow accent, you've never heard so much miscommunication in one room. It was so great, though. Now that I think of it, I saw Lee "Scratch" Perry perform in Glasgow that very same night. What was going on in Glasgow that weekend?!?! Can't remember. Anyway, here's a video for The Harder They Come. You can thank me later: