Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Stalag Riddim - A Clarification



Someone asked me what the Stalag riddim was, which I mentioned when I wrote about Winston Riley, so if you don't know it, you can hear it in this song by the late, great Tenor Saw (Ring the Alarm - love this song). I think there are various incarnations of the Stalag riddim, and this one is called Stalag 17 - you'll hear it in loads of reggae music.

By the way, if you want to talk riddims - and really, who doesn't - here's the equally well known Sleng Teng riddim on Ninja Man's Murder Dem. (Or is it Ninjaman? I never know.) There are tons of different versions of this one as well, but I've always loved this particular song.



But if you really want to have fun with riddims, I recommend this website. I hope there is some kind of work I can do that requires me to play around on it, because I'm pretty much unable to do anything else at this point. Trust me, click on one of the riddims - good times await you.